Note: Product 'Best By' date is January 31, 2015. Limited quantity, no refunds, no returns.
Peruvian Bee Pollen
Pollen are tiny, dust-sized granules found on the stamen of all flower blossoms. As honey bees travel from flower to flower looking for nectar, the pollen collects into little clumps on their legs, and is deposited into a collection vessel. As a low volume and high intensity superfood, bee pollen is an excellent source of vitamin A and also has B vitamins, magnesium, iron and zinc – not to mention being a complete protein source!
The Sunfood Difference™
Many beekeepers overharvest pollen and don’t leave enough for the honey bees to use. Some beekeepers even feed their bees sugar or high fructose corn syrup to keep them working and harvesting pollen. Other inhumane practices include smoking out the hives and spraying toxic chemicals on the plants from which the bees collect pollen.
Our bee pollen is harvested by beekeepers who treat their bees and plants with the highest respect and regard. Pure and unadulterated, our bee pollen comes directly from a supreme location in the Amazonian jungle valley in eastern Peru. The bee pollen is dried using a unique low temperature process, which maintains the live enzymatic content and keeps it in a highly mineralized, alkaline state.
Bee pollen is considered by many to be the most complete superfood available in nature. This is because bee pollen contains more than 96 different nutrients, including every nutrient known that our bodies need.
One of the most significant facts about bee pollen is that it is an alkaline and energy-rich source of complete protein. Bee pollen has approximately 20% easily-assimilated protein and 22 amino acids. This means that gram for gram, pollen contains about 5 times more protein than cheese, eggs and meat!
Here are just a few of bee pollen’s many qualities:
• More than 15 vitamins, including many B vitamins and vitamins C, D, and E
• 28 essential minerals, including iron, magnesium, potassium, zinc, calcium and copper
• Bioavailable enzymes, all which have been shown to help with digestion and assimilation of other foods (could also help with weight loss and digestion issues)
• Can help balance hormones for improved reproductive health and libido
• 15% lecithin, which supports the nervous system and brain
• High levels of nucleic acids, which help protect against radiation
We suggest starting out with ½ to 1 tsp. daily. You can use bee pollen in a myriad of ways!
With its sweet, earthy taste, pollen goes great into smoothies, juices, tonics and elixirs. We often sprinkle bee pollen on our salads to add texture and a touch of sweetness. It’s also great to add to raw desserts like cookies and brownies for a supercharged twist.
|Ingredients||Wild Crafted Oxapampa Peruvian Bee Pollen|
|Specifications||Non-GMO Project Verified, Raw, Earth Kosher, Wild-crafted, Sustainably-grown|
|Storage||Store in freezer or refrigerator.|
- Great Stuff Review by Isabella
- The best Review by Anthony
- Love it Review by Vicktoria