Looking to get the most out of your next workout? Maca Extreme® will help you burn more fat while boosting your energy and the creamy peanut butter will keep you feeling satisfied. Eating a small snack 1-2 hours before you hit the gym can actually help improve athletic performance! If you find yourself really pressed for time try this simple delectable pre-workout nibble.
Prep time: 30 seconds
• 2 Tbsp Peanut Butter
• 1/4 tsp Maca Extreme
1. Stir maca powder into peanut butter.
2. Enjoy on fresh fruit or by the spoon full.
These fun and simple snacks will keep you powering through your next yoga class. The potent combination of maca, cacao, and fruit uplifts and energizes you while keeping hunger at bay.
Prep time: 5 minutes
• 1 Tbsp Cacao Powder
• 1 Tbsp Melted Coconut Oil
• 1/4 tsp Maca Extreme
• 1/4 tsp Yacon Syrup (optional)
• 1 Banana
1. Mix first 4 ingredients together.
2. Dip banana into chocolate mixture.
3. Top with cacao nibs, goji berries, or peanut butter.
4. Enjoy as is or make a bunch and freeze over night.
If you’ve got a few minutes then these little guys are a great portable pre-workout treat that are sure to give you a boost. Organic almonds, plump dates, and satisfying coconut oil provide a powerhouse of healthy carbs, protein, and fats. Plus the maca and theobromine from the cacao will give you that extra jolt of energy to help you push through your next workout.
Prep time: 10 minutes
• 1/2 Cup Almonds
• 1 Cup Pitted Dates
• 1/4 Cup Cacao Powder
• 2 tsp Maca Extreme
• 1 Tbsp Coconut Oil
1. Place all ingredients in a food processor.
2. Blend until a sticky paste forms.
3. Roll mixture into balls and store in the refrigerator.
4. To keep from sticking together, roll balls into coconut or almond flour.
With the leaves beginning to turn it’s time for warm, cozy drinks and we’ve got one for you that’s delicious and full of immune boosting superfoods!
Germ fighting silver, nutrient dense honey, and inflammation balancing turmeric are the stars that give this creamy, heavenly drink its immune enhancing properties.
Enjoy this recipe when you are feeling under the weather or even on a crisp fall morning as a fun way to start your day.
- 1 Tea Satchel of Chai Tea (decaf or vanilla rooibos tea for kids)
- 1 Tbsp WeeBee Honey
- 6oz Water
- 1/4 C Coconut Milk
- 1/4 tsp Turmeric
- 1-3 Drops of Colloidal Silver
- Coconut Whipped Cream and Cinnamon for topping.
- Heat water in sauce pan, tea kettle, or microwave until boiling.
- Add tea bag to a heat safe cup and pour hot water into it. Be sure to leave room for milk and coconut whipped cream.
- While tea is steeping, in a separate pan heat coconut milk over low heat for a minute or until warm.
- Remove milk from heat, add turmeric, and stir until incorporated.
- Take the tea bag from mug and pour in warm milk mixture, honey, and silver. Stir.
- Enjoy as is or top with coconut whipped cream and cinnamon!
*Sunfoodie Tip: For an extra immune boost add 1/2 tsp chia seed powder!
This quick and easy to make recipe is a great anytime or in between meal snack that will help you fend off mid-day hunger, keep you hydrated, and is full of antioxidants!
This simple recipe only uses 4 main ingredients but it’s a fat burning, energy boosting blast with all the benefits of Chia and Coconut Oil.
Stir all ingredients in jar or bowl and let sit for 3-4 hours until thick. Garnish with fruit of your choice and enjoy!
This icy and refreshing smoothie has a delicious tropical twist! Pineapple, orange juice, lots of ice and Superfood Smoothie Mix make an amazing combination to beat the heat.
Blend all ingredients, leave as chunky/icy as you prefer and enjoy!
You just can’t go wrong with mango coconut wraps and ginger peanut sauce. Toss in a little quinoa for substance and protein, veggies for color and crunch, avocado for healthy fat, and fresh herbs for flavor, and you’ve got a gourmet meal in minutes!
Makes 4 wraps
Ginger Peanut Sauce
- 1/2 cup Jungle Peanuts
- 2 Tbsp soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp Coconut Palm Sugar
- 1/2 lime, juiced
- 1 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 small garlic clove
- 2 tsp fresh grated ginger
- 3 Tbsp water
Blend all ingredients in a high speed blender until smooth.
- 4 Coconut Wraps
- 1/2 cup cooked Quinoa
- 1 cup water
- 1 carrot, shredded
- 1/2 red bell pepper, sliced
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 1 mango, sliced
- 1 package microgreens or sprouts of choice
- 1/2 cup fresh basil
- 1/2 cup cilantro
Bring quinoa and water to a boil. Lower heat and simmer until liquid is fully absorbed. Allow to cool. Place all ingredients on coconut wrap. Spread a few dollops of ginger peanut sauce on top, roll up diagonally and enjoy!
Nothing beats a (veggie) burger with all the fixins on a hot summer day. The problem is that store bought ones tend to have additives and preservatives and a lot of the homemade ones seem to fall apart. Finally, a healthy, whole food veggie burger that tastes amazing and actually holds its form. Loaded with quinoa, beans, almonds, veggies, herbs and spices, it’s delicious and good for you. Watch out; you might come back for seconds!
Makes 10-11 patties
- 1/2 cup Tri-Color Quinoa
- 1 cup water
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/2 tsp thyme
- 1/2 tsp oregano
- 1/2 tsp marjoram
- 2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp mustard
- 1 1/2 cups cooked black beans or 1 – 15oz can of beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup cremini mushrooms, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup yellow bell pepper, finely diced
- 1/2 cup green onion, finely diced
- juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1/3 cup whole oat flour (you can blend dry rolled oats and make your own!)
- 1/4 cup ground almonds (Toss Sunfood Almonds in a coffee grinder and presto!)
- 1 flax egg (1 Tbsp flax meal + 3 Tbsp water)
- 1/2 tsp Himalayan Pink Salt, or to taste
- Botija Olive Oil, to grease baking pan
Create flax mixture and set aside. Bring quinoa, thyme, oregano, marjoram and water to a boil. Lower heat and simmer until liquid is fully absorbed. While the quinoa is cooking, mash half the beans for texture and chop veggies.
When the quinoa is done, preheat oven to 350 degrees. Mix beans, garlic, onion, pepper, mushrooms, lemon juice and mustard into the cooked quinoa. Then mix in flour, ground almonds, and flax meal.
Lastly mix in the smoked paprika and salt to taste. Scoop and form into patties on a pan lightly coated with olive oil. Bake for 20 minutes, remove and flip the burgers. Return to oven and bake for 10 more minutes. Add to buns of choice with your favorite burger fixins. Enjoy!
Posted in Dinner, Recipes
Looking for add a little heat to your meal? This vegan wrap is full of crisp vegetables drizzled with a Sriracha-yoghurt dressing for that perfect spicy kick!
These light yet refreshing easy to make wraps make for a perfect light lunch or snack!
- 2 Coconut Wraps
- 1 organic avocado, cut in small cubes
- 1 small organic tomato, chopped in wedges
- 1 cup (75g) shredded lettuce (or cabbage slaw)
- 1 tablespoon fresh squeezed juice from lemon
- 1/4 English cucumber, skinned and chopped
- 4 tablespoons plain Greek Yoghurt
- 1 tablespoon Sriracha
- 1 packet Stevia
- 8 Kalamata olives, chopped
- 4 fresh coriander/cilantro sprigs, loosely chopped
- 1 tablespoon pickle juice
- 1 tsp. black sesame seeds for garnishing (optional)
- fresh cracked pepper to taste
1. In a small bowl, add the Greek yoghurt, Sriracha, and Stevia packet. Blend with a spoon until combined. Add the 1 tablespoon of fresh squeezed lemon juice to the yoghurt mix, stirring vigorously until combined. Set aside.
2. In a separate bowl, add shredded lettuce, Kalamata olives, cucumber, tomatoes, and fresh cracked pepper. Using tongs, toss the lettuce mix, adding in the 1 tablespoon pickle juice.
3. Place one coconut wrap on a plate, and add half of the salad mix to the middle of the wrap. Then, add half of the avocado cubes, and half of the fresh coriander sprigs. Generously drizzle the Sriracha-yoghurt mix atop the salad in the wrap, and garnish with sesame seeds.
4. Carefully roll the coconut wrap at an angle, from one end to the other, enclosing the contents of the wrap. Repeat steps 3 and 4 to make another wrap, and enjoy!
Craving even more spice? Add jalapeño slices to your salad mix.
Original recipe by FASHION TALES BLOG