Makes: 2.5 cups
This luscious chocolate nut butter is one of my childhood favorites. Only this time, it,s a much healthier version. But don’t let that scare you, it’s still as creamy, decadent and delectable!
- 2 cups hazelnuts, soaked 6-8 hours, drained, rinsed and dehydrated 8 hours or until crunchy
- 1 1/2 cups agave nectar
- 1/2 tsp Himalayan pink salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 cup coconut oil, liquid
- 3/4 cup cacao powder
- Place hazelnuts, salt and cinnamon into a food processor with the blender and process until nuts become butter (this might take up to 10 – 15 minutes). Periodically, scrape nuts down from the side of processor bowl to keep ingredients well incorporated.
- Add coconut oil and cacao to nut butter and process again until all ingredients are well combined.
- Place in airtight glass container. Will keep for one month.
About Chef Tina Jo:
Through her books, DVDs, and programs, Chef Tina Jo is teaching Americans how to make healthy lifestyles DELICIOUS, bringing live whole foods back to the dinner table one dinner plate at a time. Learn more at www.cheftinajo.com.Chef Tina Jo is a highly respected Gourmet Raw Vegan Chef, Author, Speaker and Coach known internationally for her humor and down–to–earth approach to raw veganism. She, along with her TV show Splendor in the Raw, was awarded Top 10 Best Show, Best Chef and Best Website in the Best of Raw 2009 Awards. She has made it her life’s mission to bring super delicious, fresh, simple, fun, affordable raw vegan food to the mainstream.