Makes: 4 servings
These little bundles of chocolate goodness are simply heaven on a spoon. The combination of chocolate and hazelnut will have you hanging on by your fingertips.
- 3 cups hazelnuts
- 16 whole Zahidi dates, rough chopped
- 2 tsp hazelnut extract (for raw purists try adding an extra 1/8 cup hazelnuts and tsp agave)
- 2/3 cup cacao powder
- 1/2 cup chocolate ganache (see below)
- 1/8 tsp Himalayan crystal salt
- 1/8 tsp nutmeg
- 1/8 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp vanilla powder – do not use liquid extract
- 1/2 tsp lemon zest
- 3/4 cup agave nectar
- 3/4 cup cacao powder
- 1/3 cup virgin coconut oil, melted
- 1/4 tsp Himalayan crystal salt
- 1 tsp maca
To make ganache, place all ingredients in a blender and process until creamy and smooth. Store in an air tight container in the refrigerator for up to two weeks.
- Place the hazelnuts and salt in the food processor and process until nuts are finely ground into a nice meal.
- Add the dates, then process again until the mixture begins to hold together.
- Next add the cacao powder, vanilla powder, nutmeg, cinnamon and hazelnut liqueur.
- Process again until the cacao is well blended throughout the entire mixture.
- Place 1/3 cup of the cake mix in each of the ramekins and press the mixture down with your fingers to compact.
- Add 2 TBS of the chocolate ganache to the top of each cake filled ramekin.
- Top the cakes with the remaining cake mixture evenly among the 4 cups; approximately 2 TBS of the cake mixture.
- Again slightly press down to encase the chocolate ganache.
- Dehydrate at 105F for 15 hours.
About Chef Tina Jo:
Through her books, DVDs, and programs, Chef Tina Jo is teaching Americans how to make healthy lifestyles DELICIOUS, bringing live whole foods back to the dinner table one dinner plate at a time. Learn more at www.cheftinajo.com.Chef Tina Jo is a highly respected Gourmet Raw Vegan Chef, Author, Speaker and Coach known internationally for her humor and down–to–earth approach to raw veganism. She, along with her TV show Splendor in the Raw, was awarded Top 10 Best Show, Best Chef and Best Website in the Best of Raw 2009 Awards. She has made it her life’s mission to bring super delicious, fresh, simple, fun, affordable raw vegan food to the mainstream.