- 2 1/2 cups zucchini, peeled, shredded and cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 1/2 cup Brazil nuts, finely ground
- 1/2 cup golden flax meal
- 1 small sweet yellow onion
- 1/4 cup celery, finely minced
- 3 Tbsp nutritional yeast
- 2 1/2 tsp dulse flakes
- 1/4 cup dill, fresh, minced
- 3/4 tsp mustard seed powder
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp Himalayan crystal salt
- 1/2 tsp lemon zest
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 cups cashews, soaked overnight
- 1 Tbsp garlic, minced
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 3 Tbsp wasabi paste
- 1/4 tsp Himalayan crystal salt
- Add all the ingredients for mayonnaise into your blender, in the listed order. Blend until smooth and then set aside.
- Peel and julienne the zucchini in a food processor (if available) then cut into 1/2 inch pieces. Place in towel and pat dry.
- Place zucchini into a large bowl and gently toss with Brazil nut meal and flax meal.
- Add remaining ingredients to bowl and gently mix together. Handle your mixture gently and quickly so it does not become too wet.
- Use 1/4 cup of mixture to create small cakes about 1 inch deep.
- Place the cakes on a mesh dehydration sheet and set at 125 degrees for 2 hours, then reduce heat to 105 for another 2 hours. The 125 degree temperature will not destroy the nutrients and enzymes since the water content is so high in zucchini.
- Remove from dehydrator and serve with wasabi mayonnaise and your favorite greens.
About Chef Tina Jo:
Through her books, DVDs, and programs, Chef Tina Jo is teaching Americans how to make healthy lifestyles DELICIOUS, bringing live whole foods back to the dinner table one dinner plate at a time. Learn more at www.cheftinajo.com.Chef Tina Jo is a highly respected Gourmet Raw Vegan Chef, Author, Speaker and Coach known internationally for her humor and down–to–earth approach to raw veganism. She, along with her TV show Splendor in the Raw, was awarded Top 10 Best Show, Best Chef and Best Website in the Best of Raw 2009 Awards. She has made it her life’s mission to bring super delicious, fresh, simple, fun, affordable raw vegan food to the mainstream.