This hearty holiday rice dish will soon become a family tradition. It’s a beautiful addition to any table, but its beauty does not compare to its taste. Amazingly tasty, this fall dish will have your family and friends begging for seconds!
- 2 cups wild rice
- 3 tbsp parsley, fresh, finely minced
- 1 green onion, sliced
- 1 tsp poultry seasoning (blend from Frontier contains: Organic sage, organic thyme, organic onion, organic black pepper, organic marjoram, organic celery seed, organic red pepper)
- ¼ cup walnut oil or olive oil
- 1 cup walnuts, soaked for 6 hours, drained, rinsed, dehydrated then chopped
- 1 ½ cups pomegranate seeds
Acorn Squash Marinade
- 1 whole acorn squash, peeled and cubed into 1 inch pieces
- 3 tbsp walnut oil or olive oil
- ½ tsp Himalayan pink salt
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- ¼ cup dark agave nectar
- 1 tsp lucuma powder
- 1 medium juice from orange (approximately ¼ cup)
- 1 medium orange, halved and zested
- 1 tsp Pumpkin pie spice (blend from Frontier contains: organic cinnamon, organic ginger, organic nutmeg, organic cloves)
- Rinse wild rice (just rice) and place in a half gallon jar. Cover with water (to the top of jar) and place in a 105° dehydrator for 24 hours.
- Drain rice, rinse and drain again. Place rice in air tight container in the refrigerator until squash dish is complete.
- Peel and cube squash into 1-inch pieces. Place squash along with marinade in a 9×13 glass baking dish. Mix all ingredients well. Cover with plastic wrap and place in a 105° dehydrator for 8 hours or until squash is nice and tender.
- Place wild rice in a large mixing bowl add all other wild rice ingredients along with squash and its marinade. Mix all ingredients very well.
- Can be served at room temperature or placed into a 9×13 baking dish in 105 degree dehydrator for several hours to warm.
Chef’s Note – Leftovers can be stored in the refrigerator up to one week.
About Chef Tina Jo:
Through her books, DVDs, and programs, Chef Tina Jo is teaching Americans how to make healthy lifestyles DELICIOUS, bringing live whole foods back to the dinner table one dinner plate at a time. Learn more at www.cheftinajo.com.Chef Tina Jo is a highly respected Gourmet Raw Vegan Chef, Author, Speaker and Coach known internationally for her humor and down–to–earth approach to raw veganism. She, along with her TV show Splendor in the Raw, was awarded Top 10 Best Show, Best Chef and Best Website in the Best of Raw 2009 Awards. She has made it her life’s mission to bring super delicious, fresh, simple, fun, affordable raw vegan food to the mainstream.