(makes 4 rolls)
Enjoy a delicious, raw alternative to sushi. Made with hemp seeds instead of rice, this roll provides protein, iron and healthy saturated fats for a complete meal all rolled into one.
- 2 large avocados
- 4 nori sheets
- 3 cups shelled hemp seeds
- 1/2 cup agave
- Red wine vinegar (other types of vinegar may work just as well)
- Any other fillings you like. Here are some of our favorites:
cucumber, broccoli, sprouts, bell pepper, eggplant, spinach, kale, tomato
- Mix 1/2 cup agave with 3 cups hemp seeds until well mixed. This will be your “sticky rice.” Add more agave if necessary.
- Lay out a nori sheet shiny side down and spread about 1/4 of the hemp “rice” evenly across the sheet. Leave about 2 centimeters uncovered at the bottom edge. Cut half an avocado into long pieces and lay them out horizontally across the middle. Add thin strips of any other fillings you want.
- If you do not have a sushi mat, start from the top and carefully roll the nori tightly with your hands. Wet your fingers and apply a small amount of water to the edge you left blank. This will allow you to seal your roll. Repeat this process until you have 4 rolls made. Cut them up into 6 pieces each and serve with Nama Shoyu and ginger on the side. Enjoy!