A delicious, vegetarian alternative to burgers for your summer barbeque!
- 3 large Portobello mushrooms (wash them well!)
- 2 tbsp Ohsawa Tamari
- 1 tbsp Sunfood Organic Agave Nectar
- 1 ½ tbsp Organic Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1 tsp Sunfood Pink Himalayan Salt
- 1 cup Sunfood Organic Pumpkin Seeds
- ½ cup Organic Carrot (Chopped – Pulp works best)
- ½ cup Organic Celery (Chopped – Pulp works best)
- 2 tsp Organic Rosemary
- 2 tsp Organic Dill
- 1 Clove Garlic (Minced)
- ½ Small Sweet Yellow Onion (Minced)
In a bowl, combine tamari, agave, vinegar and salt. Mince the washed mushrooms and fold into the mixture. Set into refrigerator for 1-2 hours. In a food processor, grind pumpkin seeds until smooth. Combine mushroom mixture into pumpkin seeds and process until very smooth (little to no texture). If overly pasty, add teaspoons of water until smooth. With a wooden spoon, fold carrot, celery, garlic, onion and herbs into the mixture. Shape into patties and dehydrate or bake.
Dehydrator: Set temperature to 115 for 2 hours. Check to see if browned, then flip for remaining 2 hours. If desired consistency is not reached, continue to dehydrate/flip.
Oven: Bake at 325 degrees for 15-20minutes, flip and continue baking for another 15-20 minutes. Serve over greens, on a bun or chop up into salad!