This is a TWO–FER recipe using this deliciously fresh granola mix. Split the granola recipe and make granola and some amazing purple maqui snack bars! Double your treats and lessen your kitchen time!
- 3 cups oats, soaked 4-6 hours, drained and rinsed
- 2 cups almonds, soaked 4-6 hours, drained and rinsed
- 2 cups sunflower seeds, soaked 4-6 hours, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup hazelnuts, soaked 4-6 hours, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup pumpkin seeds, soaked 4-6 hours, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup agave nectar or use coconut nectar
- 1 tsp orange extract, alcohol free (optional, but really adds just an amazing unique, fresh flavor)
Dried Fruit Mix
- 1 cup goji berries
- 1 cup dried bing cherries
- 1 cup golden Hunza raisins
- 2 cups golden flax seeds, soaked in 1 1/2 cups water for 4 hours
- 3 Tbsp maqui berry powder
- Soak, oats, nuts and seeds for 4-6 hours in plenty of water. I use mason jars for this and masking tape to label the jars. This is especially helpful if you have a few projects going.
- Once nuts have been soaked, drain and rinse.
- Place the oats, nuts and seeds in a food processor and pulse. Don’t over blend, you want nice chunks here.
- Place in bowl. Stir in agave and orange extract. Then divide this mixture into halves. Take one half and spread on dehydrator sheets. Dehydrate at 105 for 6 hours. This is your granola.
- The remaining half of your mixture is for the snackbars. Soak the dried fruit in just enough water to cover for 1/2 hour. Add the soaked (but drained) fruit to the oats mix.
- Add the soaked flax seeds and maqui berry powder, mix well.
- Spread about 3 1/2 cups of mixture on a dehydrator tray with a Paraflexx sheet.
- Score the mixture using a metal spatula into kid sized squares or rectangles. By scoring first you ensure a fine looking finished product that easly snaps apart.
- Dehydrate at 105 degrees for 6 hours.
- Flip bars and remove Paraflexx sheet. Dehydrate for another 4 hours or until bars are crisp, but still flexible.
About Chef Tina Jo:
Through her books, DVDs, and programs, Chef Tina Jo is teaching Americans how to make healthy lifestyles DELICIOUS, bringing live whole foods back to the dinner table one dinner plate at a time. Learn more at www.cheftinajo.com.Chef Tina Jo is a highly respected Gourmet Raw Vegan Chef, Author, Speaker and Coach known internationally for her humor and down–to–earth approach to raw veganism. She, along with her TV show Splendor in the Raw, was awarded Top 10 Best Show, Best Chef and Best Website in the Best of Raw 2009 Awards. She has made it her life’s mission to bring super delicious, fresh, simple, fun, affordable raw vegan food to the mainstream.