Did you know that most olives are picked long before they are truly ripe and can even be softened with chemicals such as lye? Some olives are artificially darkened with an iron compound called ferrous gluconate, and all canned olives are pasteurized (cooked). Our olives are picked when ripe and only cured using traditional and natural methods, such as sea salt brining and oil curing.
These fantastic olives are unique in the world marketplace! They contain only a dash of salt, no oil, and no herbs. Each olive is nearly the size of a prune with thick, juicy, tasty, savory olive flesh. We have searched for years to bring you an olive of this quality. Olives have the greatest mucus-dissolving capacity of any food and are also the fruit highest in minerals, especially calcium. Ripe olives such as these contain high amounts of antioxidant Vitamin E and beautifying oleic acid. Olives are a staple among the staff at Sunfood! Enjoy some of the Best Olives Ever!
Note: These delicious olives contain NO pits.
Olives are technically a fruit! In fact, they are one of the most mineral rich fruits on Earth. Olives are especially high in calcium and magnesium which help to build strong bones. They also contain vitamins A and E and the beautifying, heart healthy oleic acid. Olives also contain protein and compounds called polyphenols which display anti-fungal and anti-bacterial properties. Plus, olives are known as the most powerful mucus dissolver of any fruit. Too much mucus in your system can cause that cold/flu-like feeling of being clogged and stuffy with puffy eyes and dulled senses. Regular consumption of olives can help to clear out excess mucus and lift the fog.
Some people worry about the fat content of olives, but they contain monounsaturated fats which are much healthier than the trans fats or saturated fats found in other foods. Our bodies need fats to strengthen cell membranes, beautify the skin and lubricate our joints and intestines. Olives are a delicious source of healthy and alkaline plant-based fats.
No salad is complete without olives. Pit them, chop them up and sprinkle them on your greens. At Sunfood we like to use olives as the "meat" of many dishes. For example we like to use them as the "meatballs" in raw pasta dishes. The texture of olives is very satisfying and is great for helping those new to raw foods get that "full" feeling. In fact, olives contain a protein-to-fat ratio that is similar to red meat, but none of the cholesterol. These olives combine well with any raw nut for a delicious party mix.
These are some of the most nutritious olives EVER! These are quite simply the most mineral-rich olives around. In nature, high nutrition is often accompanied by more pronounced and bitter flavors. Although they may be enjoyed straight from the jar, here are some recipes to mellow out the initial "bite" you may experiencer. Soaking in water reduces bitterness by 50%.
2. Marinated olives: Soak olives as above, drain, rinse again, drain well. Fill with garlic butter (Mix 3/4 cup stone crushed organic olive oil with 2 tbsp coconut butter(liquid) and 2 tbsp diced garlic.) Store marinated olives in refrigerator.
3. Herbed garlic butter: Add to garlic butter: 1/2 tbsp rosemary, 1 tbsp thyme, 1 tbsp oregano (preferably fresh, dry also works). You may add any other herbs of your choice.
4. For a spicier treat, fill a jar of Dehydrated Botija Olives with the brine from our Moroccan Olives. Let them marinate for three days and then enjoy olives like you've never imagined. For a milder variation, use the brine from our Green Olives.
5. Marinara sauce: 1/2 cup soaked sun dried tomatoes, 1 cup chopped fresh tomatoes, 2 cloves garlic, 1/2 tsp celtic salt, 2 tbsp fresh chopped basil, 1 tbsp fresh chopped rosemary, 1 tbsp dried oregano, 3 pitted soft dates, 1/2 cup stone crushed olives oil, 6 soaked pitted Botija olives. Blend all till smooth. Enjoy over raw zucchini pasta.
HINT: Although the garlic butter can be reused to marinate more soaked olives, it is recommended to consume as an amazing herb sauce on salad or pasta. Also, a great Creamy Italian dressing may be created by adding the juice of two lemons and a pinch of celtic sea salt to the garlic butter. For an even creamier sauce, mash in half of an avocado to the Italian dressing. RAWESOME!!
Note: These delicious olives do NOT contain pits.
|Country of Origin||Peru|
|Ingredients||Raw, Organic Botija olives, dash of sea salt (pitted)|
|Specifications||Sustainably-grown, Sun-dried, Organic, Vegan, Raw|
|Storage||Store in refrigerator after opening.|
- Best Olives I have ever tasted Review by Aten Ra
- Best Olives Ever Review by Linda
- The Best & No Added Salt Review by Tess