Pollen are tiny, dust-sized seeds, found on the stamen of all flower blossoms. As honey bees travel from flower to flower looking for nectar, the pollen collects into little clumps on their legs. When a bee returns to the hive and crawls in, small clumps of pollen fall from the legs into a collection vessel. Sunfood’s Spanish Bee Pollen is a low volume and high intensity superfood, and contains from 24% to 35% complete protein, 22 amino acids, more than 12 vitamins, 28 minerals, 11 enzymes and 14 beneficial fatty acids.
The Sunfood Difference
Sunfood’s Spanish Bee Pollen is harvested by beekeepers who treat their bees and plants with the highest respect and regard. The bee pollen is dried using a unique low temperature process, which maintains the live enzymatic content and keeps it in a highly mineralized, alkaline state.
Bee pollen is considered by many to be the most complete superfood available in nature. This is because bee pollen contains more than 96 different nutrients, including every nutrient known that our bodies need.
One of the most significant facts about bee pollen is that it is an alkaline and energy-rich source of complete protein. Bee pollen has approximately 20% easily-assimilated protein and 22 essential amino acids. This means that gram for gram, pollen contains about 5 times more protein than cheese, eggs and meat!
Here are just a few of bee pollen’s many qualities:
• More than 15 vitamins, including many B vitamins and vitamins C, D, and E
• 28 essential minerals, including iron, magnesium, potassium, zinc, calcium and copper
• Bioavailable enzymes, all which have been shown to help with digestion and assimilation of other foods (could also help with weight loss and digestion issues)
• Can help balance hormones for improved reproductive health and libido
• 15% lecithin, which supports the nervous system and brain
• High levels of nucleic acids, which help protect against radiation
We suggest starting out with ½ to 1 tsp. daily. You can use bee pollen in a myriad of ways!
With its sweet, earthy taste, pollen goes great into smoothies, juices, tonics and elixirs. We often sprinkle bee pollen on our salads to add texture and a touch of sweetness. It’s also great to add to raw desserts like cookies and brownies for a supercharged twist.
|Country of Origin||Spain|
|Ingredients||Wild-crafted, pesticide-free bee pollen|
|Specifications||Raw, Wild-crafted, Pesticide-free, Sulfur-Free, Live Enzymes|
|Great for||Protein, Reproductive Health, Alkalinity, Anti-Aging, Endurance, Energy, Expecting Moms|
|Storage||Store in freezer or refrigerator.|
- Different Review by kristya