Ready to ginger snap out of your boring routine? Sprinkle a little spice into your life with Plant-Based Ginger Snaps. Kat Condon from @katalysthealth made these sweet cookies with highly nutritious almonds and molasses for that comforting taste you know and love. Dip in oat milk for that extra creamy delight.
- 1 cup Sunfood Almonds
- 1 tablespoon Sunfood Milled Flaxseed + 3 tablespoons water
- 1/3 cup coconut sugar
- 3 tablespoons molasses
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon Sunfood Pink Himalayan Salt
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Roast almonds on a baking tray for 10 minutes, stirring halfway.
- Let nuts cool for 5 minutes, then add to a food processor and blend on high until smooth and creamy.
- In a bowl, stir together flax egg, coconut sugar, molasses and 1/2 cup of the almond butter.
- Add coconut flour, baking soda and spices. Stir until incorporated.
- Use a small cookie scoop to drop dough onto a lined baking sheet. Press down slightly, then sprinkle with decorating sugar, if desired. Bake for 10 minutes. Enjoy!