This recipe comes from our friend Kate, you can find more of her creations on Instagram @adore.avocados.
This is a healthy, but most importantly delicious treat that’s super easy to make! With healthy fats from almonds and omegas from flax seeds, you’ll never feel guilty about eating this ice cream sandwich!
Almond Flax Cookie
1. Pre-heat oven to 350* and line a small baking sheet with parchment (*use a dehydrator to keep this recipe RAW*)
2. Mix oats, almonds, and flax together in a small bowl until well combined
3. Add nut butter and honey, mix until a dough is formed
4. Roll dough into two small balls and flatten onto baking sheet, making a circular shape.
5. Bake for 10-11 minutes
Basic Nice Cream
- Two frozen bananas (sliced for easier blending)
- Extra flavors of your choice (Cacao, Vanilla, Lucuma, Maqui)
Prep: Cut two peeled bananas into fourths and freeze at least two hours (preferably overnight). Place frozen bananas in high speed blender and mix until smooth.
Make sure cookies are completely cooled. Using ice cream scoop, sandwich one scoop of nice cream in between two cookies. Enjoy!