Powerful and potent chlorella gives this rustic and creamy Fall soup a nutrient boost of vitamin A, B1, B2, B3, zinc, and iron. Enjoy this yummy soup on a cool, crisp night or during a fun festive Halloween party!
Butternut Squash & Chlorella Soup
1 hour 15 minutes
- 1/2 large Butternut Squash
- 12 tablets of Chlorella
- 1/2 Cup Cashews
- 1/2 of an Onion
- 1 Tbsp Coconut Oil
- 2 Cups Vegetable Stock
- 1/4 Cup Coconut Milk
- 1/8 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1/4 tsp Turmeric
- ¼ tsp Tarragon
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp coriander
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F.
- Take squash, cut in half, remove seeds, and roast in the oven on a baking sheet for 45 minutes or until soft enough to pierce with a fork.
- Once fully cooked set aside half of the squash for the soup and save the other half for leftovers.
- While squash is roasting on the oven, dice onion.
- Add it and the coconut oil to a large pot. Cook over medium heat for about 3 minutes stirring occasionally.
- Once onions are tender add cashews and cook for another 2 minutes.
- Add stock and spices and reduce heat to low simmering for 20 minutes.
- After that cut up cooked squash and add it to soup mixture. Let soup cool for 10 minutes.
- Once cool add soup mixture to blender batch by batch and blend until smooth.
- Return blended mixture to pot and add coconut milk. Cook over low heat for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile crush chlorella tablets into a fine powder. This can be done with the back of a spoon.
- Mix powder with 1 Tbsp of water and stir.
- Once soup mixture is heated pour into bowls and top with liquid chlorella mixture.