This wonderful recipe was created right here at Sunfood by our resident chocolatier Molly! These raw, vegan chocolates that are great for any occasion and are simple to make. Create delicious solid chocolate bars or fill them with various nuts and berries to make your own creative & decadent twist!
- 2 Cups Sunfood Cacao Butter (to be melted)
- 2/3 Cup Sunfood Yacon Syrup (Honey or Maple syrup is a good vegan option)
- 2 Cup Sunfood Cacao Powder
- 1/2 Tsp to 1 tsp Sunfood Vanilla Powder (to taste)
Chocolate Mixture Preparation:
- Melt Cacao Butter in a double broiler over low heat. Occasionally stirring. If you do not have a double broiler you can melt the Cacao Butter in the microwave.
- Combine melted Cacao Butter with Yacon Syrup (or choice of sweetener), Cacao Powder, and Vanilla Powder. Mix thoroughly.
Using the chocolate mixture you can create any of the below recipes:
- Take a baking sheet lined with wax paper and pour chocolate mixture on it. Spread evenly with a spatula. You can also fill chocolate bar molds to get a more uniformed look.
- To make things more exciting top chocolate with yummy superfoods like Goji berries, golden berries, mango slices, chopped heirloom almonds, or jungle peanuts.
- Take chocolate mixture and add Vanilla Powder (for taste)
- Pour chocolate mixture into truffle molds (found at your local craft or baking store and online as well).
- Refrigerator for 30 minutes or until solid and then pop the truffles out of the molds and enjoy!
- Pour chocolate mixture into chocolate molds. Fill completely.
- Take a large piece of wax paper or parchment paper and place over counter. Turn filled mold upside down to drain and drip out excess chocolate mixture, leaving on a lining in the molds.
- Turn mold back over and scrape off any leftover excess chocolate mixture from the top with a spatula. This should leave you with just a chocolate shell in your mold. Place in the refrigerator for 30 minutes or until hard.
- Take chilled molds out of the refrigerator and fill with what ever you like-maqui berries, acai berries, coconut oil mixed with cacao powder, or nut butters!
Since these are natural truffles that do not have any preservatives in them, they are best kept in the refrigerator to maintain freshness