Want to impress your friends with an easy-to-make gourmet raw dessert? This raspberry cashew verrine is naturally sweetened with agave nectar and Kadrawhy dates, and flax seeds provide a wonderful source of polyunsaturated fatty acids. Enjoy!
Preparation for Raspberry Jam
- 1. Combine 1/4 cup of water and flax seeds in small dish.
- 2. Cut the dates in half. Soak in warm water for 10 minutes, then drain.
- 3. Combine raspberries, flax seeds, Kadrawhy dates, and lemon zest in a blender and blend until a smooth consistency.
- 4. Blend until smooth.
Preparation for Cashew “Cream”
- 1. Place cashews in a glass or ceramic bowl. Add enough filtered water to completely cover the cashews. Let cashews soak for 2 hours. Drain water, then rinse.
- 2. Combine the cashews, orange juice, and agave nectar in a blender.
- 3. Add water as needed to reach desired consistency.
Layer the glass starting with raspberry jam, then cashew “cream,” and finally garnishing with fresh raspberries!