This spicy rice dish is mouth-watering good. Better yet, it is extremely easy to make. This dish is an any–time–of–year staple, whether served hot or cold, as a salad, or an accompaniment to a main course. You’ll always find it the perfect choice.
For raw purists, your first step is to simply place 2 cups of uncooked rice in your dehydrator and let it soften and split to easy perfection.
- 2 cups wild rice
- 6 cups water,filtered
- 1/2 cup green onions, green and white parts included, diced
- 1/2 cup dill, fresh, minced
- 1/2 cup cilantro, fresh, minced
- 1/2 cup red bell pepper, finely diced
- 1 whole jalapeño pepper (leave in seeds for more heat)
- 1 tsp Himalayan crystal salt
- 1 tsp black pepper, freshly ground, or to taste
- 1/2 cup carrots, scrubbed and diced
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- 1 cup diced olives
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- diced garlic to taste (optional)
- [for raw food purists] Place 2 cups of rice in a half gallon jar with purified water. Place the sealed jar into dehydrator for 24 to 48 hours or until the rice has split and sprouted.
- Combine the wild rice and remaining ingredients into a large mixing bowl and toss well. Garnish with additional cilantro and baby red pepper.
- Store in airtight glass container in refrigerator for up to 5 days.