This is just like momma use to make, only better! So get ready to set your taste buds twirling because this is one delicious dish!
- 2 large zucchini
- 2 cups fresh basil, firmly packed
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 Tbsp flax oil
- 2 Tbsp white miso
- 2 tsp garlic, minced
- 1 tsp nutritional yeast
- 1 tsp lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- 1/2 tsp Himalayan crystal salt
- 1 pinch black pepper
- 1/2 cup pine nut butter
- 1 cup tomatoes, chopped
- 1/2 cup green olives
- Wash and dry zucchini. Create zucchini noodles by using the veggie spiral cutter or with the use of a vegetable peeler. Place noodles in a bowl.
- Add a pinch of salt and massage zucchini so it releases water; let rest at least an hour.
- Add olive oil, flax oil, basil, miso, garlic, yeast, lemon, salt, pepper and pine nut butter to processor and blend. When well blended, add tomatoes and olives and pulse just 2 or 3 times. Do not over blend, as you want nice chucks of tomato and olives running through your pesto.
- Go back to your zucchini and massage just a few more times, drain water. Place noodles in mixing bowl and add pesto sauce. Serve and enjoy!
- Leftovers (if there are any!) can be kept in an airtight container for 5 days in the refrigerator.
About Chef Tina Jo:
Through her books, DVDs, and programs, Chef Tina Jo is teaching Americans how to make healthy lifestyles DELICIOUS, bringing live whole foods back to the dinner table one dinner plate at a time. Learn more at www.cheftinajo.com.Chef Tina Jo is a highly respected Gourmet Raw Vegan Chef, Author, Speaker and Coach known internationally for her humor and down–to–earth approach to raw veganism. She, along with her TV show Splendor in the Raw, was awarded Top 10 Best Show, Best Chef and Best Website in the Best of Raw 2009 Awards. She has made it her life’s mission to bring super delicious, fresh, simple, fun, affordable raw vegan food to the mainstream.