Springtime means longer and warmer days, more time with family and friends and less time to spend in the kitchen. Do you have parties to attend or perhaps hosting a one of your own? We have a delicious option for you. We're loving this spicy Artichoke, Hemp & Cashew Spinach Dip. It's perfect as an appetizer to wow your friends and family. You can bring to a dinner party or make it as a snack and enjoy it by yourself. It features hemp seeds and raw cashews.
Hemp seeds are a wonderful plan-based source of protein. It consists of 36% protein with all the essential amino acids - that's more than meat! - and has healthy plant fats. Hemp is also one of very few plants that contains a proper balance of omega-6 and omega-3 essential fatty acids, which the body can’t produce on its own. With a mild, nutty flavor and pleasantly soft texture, our hemp seeds add a superfood boost to any sweet or savory dish. Cashews add a creamy texture and boast a number of health benefits. They are rich in magnesium, which may contribute to healthy immune function and normal bone health, cashews are a good source of zinc, iron and vitamin K. Plus they have vitamins B1 and B6.
We hope you enjoy this recipe and the many health benefits of the awesome superfoods that go into preparing it.
Shop the Recipe
|Hemp Seeds - $19.99||Whole Cashews - $11.99|
Spicy Artichoke, Hemp Seeds & Cashew Spinach Dip
- 1 cup Raw Cashews
- ½ cup Hemp Seeds
- ½ lemon juice
- ½ cup vegan mayo
- ¼ cup olive oil + 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 cloves chopped garlic
- 2 cups spinach
- 1 Tbsp diced jalapeno
- 1 jar (1 cup) marinated artichoke hearts
- 1 Tbsp nutritional yeast
- Preheat oven to 350.
- In the meantime, sauté spinach, jalapeño, and garlic in olive oil on medium high until spinach is wilted. Set aside. When cooled, chop roughly.
- Add cashews, hemp seeds, lemon, olive oil, vegan mayo, and salt in blender and blend until smooth.
- Mix drained artichoke hearts, sautéd spinach, and cashew blend. Add mix to a baking dish.
- Bake at 350 F for 20 minutes.
- Serve with fresh slices of baguette, veggie slices or tortilla chips.