We gave one of the most delicious hors d’oeuvres a superfood boost, and we’re never going back. This delightful bruschetta has a burst of Maca Powder and an omega-packed punch of Sacha Inchi Oil! Enjoyed raw, cooked or straight out of the bowl, we promise this superfood delight will be at the top of your snack list.
Super Omega BruschettaPrint Recipe
- 1 ½ lbs ripe organic Tomatoes (Plum, Cherry or Heirloom work best)
- 1 tbsp organic Maca Powder
- 2 cloves organic minced Garlic Cloves
- 3 tbsp organic Sacha Inchi Oil
- 8 fresh organic chopped Basil Leaves
- Handful chopped organic Cilantro
- Handful chopped organic Parsley
- 1 tsp Pink Himalayan Salt (more or less to taste)
- 1 tsp ground black Peppercorn
- 1 baguette French Bread or similar Italian Bread (gluten-free)
- Extra Sacha Inchi Oil
Cut out the stem base of the tomatoes with a pairing knife, cut them into halves and gently squeeze out the seeds.
Chop the tomatoes and place them in a medium bowl, combine with Maca Powder and allow to sit for 5 minutes.
Mix in the garlic, 3 tbsp Sacha Inchi Oil, basil, cilantro, parsley, salt & pepper and allow to combine organically.
Cut the baguette into small slices and brush with remaining Sacha Inchi Oil.
Place tomato mixture onto bread and enjoy!
For added flavor, drizzle balsamic vinegar over the bruschetta and top with finely chopped basil leaves.
To add a crunch, preheat your oven to 450F and allow the bread to toast for 8 minutes or until crispy before adding bruschetta mixture.
For a delicious gluten-free alternative, cut pre-made polenta into ½ inch slices and allow to bake for 10-15 minutes until they start to brown. Add bruschetta and enjoy!
Cashew Cheese or fresh Mozzarella taste phenomenal with this recipe. Get creative!