Brownies are a dessert that doesn't require a special occasion for you to enjoy. They always make everyone smile and usually don't stay around for long. Decadent brownies are always a hit, especially when healthy ingredients take center stage. These sweet squares are vegan, gluten-free and don't include any refined flour or refined sugar. We use Organic Cacao that creates that smoothness we all look for in a chocolate dessert. For the base, we substituted all-purpose flour for almond meal, which you can easily make in your own kitchen. Just grind the almonds in a high-power blender or a coffee grinder - it works just as well. With the addition of almonds, these vegan and gluten-free delights contain healthy fats, fiber, protein, magnesium, and vitamin E. They are soft, fudgy, moist, and will quickly become a family favorite.
If you don't have a go-to brownie recipe that's healthy and delicious, give these Vegan Gluten-Free Almond Brownies a go. They won't disappoint.
|Raw Organic Heirloom Almonds||Organic Cacao Powder||Pink Himalayan Crystal Salt|
Vegan Gluten-Free Almond Brownies
- 1¾ cup almonds (or 1 cup of almond meal)
- ½ cup coconut sugar
- 1/3 cup cacao powder
- 1/3 cup coconut oil
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 flaxseed eggs
- 1 Tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ cup dairy free chocolate chips (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Grease a loaf pan or line it with parchment paper.
- Make the flaxseed eggs. For one flaxseed egg, soak 1 tbsp of ground flaxseed in 3 Tbsp of water. Let sit for 5 minutes.
- Place the almonds in a high-power blender (or coffee grinder) and pulse until a flour-like consistency. Do not over blend, or you will end up with almond butter.
- Mix almond meal, cacao, and coconut sugar in a large bowl.
- Add the vanilla, flax eggs, maple syrup, and coconut oil. Mix well.
- Stir in the salt and baking powder.
- Add the chocolate chips (optional).
- Pour the batter into the prepared loaf pan and bake for 35-40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Enjoy!