This Turmeric Pumpkin Mac & Cheese will be everyone at the Thanksgiving table's favorite. It's gluten-free and vegan, so your gluten-sensitive and plant-based friends can enjoy! The turmeric not only gives this dish an extra orange boost of color, but it naturally contains a powerful compound called curcumin making it a wonderful addition to any diet.
- 2 tsp Sunfood Turmeric Powder
- 1 14oz can pumpkin puree
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp minced garlic
- 2 tbsp gluten-free flour
- 1 1/4 cup unsweetened plain nut milk
- 6 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 3 tbsp chopped sage
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 box of pasta (we used @eatbanza!)
- Heat oil in medium skillet and add garlic.
- Add in chopped sage and turmeric, sauté for a few minutes.
- Boil pasta in a separate pot, follow the box's instruction, then set aside.
- Add in the remaining ingredients to your skillet (except for the pasta). Whisk together and sauté for another 5-ish minutes.
- If you want an extra smooth sauce, pour this mixture into a high-speed blender. If you don't care, you can skip this step.
- Combine pasta with sauce in the skillet and mix well.
- Top with vegan parm cheese, pine nuts, or more sage if you're feelin' fancy and enjoy!