When we discovered these pecans, we just had to offer them to our customers! These unique raw pecans are a native non-hybridized variety - a truly wild food. Plus they're 100% Certified Organic!
Pecans are naturally rich in the mineral zinc, an essential mineral for enzyme production and reproductive health. Zinc is also used by the body to help the skin achieve a radiant complexion, and in this sense it works well with manganese, vital for the health of our connective tissues and cell oxygenation. These raw pecans contain high levels of manganese as well, making them a true beauty food.
Grown by a small group of dedicated farmers, some on the same land since 1877, these families are committed to providing the very freshest, most flavorful nuts. According to the growers, many of their pecan trees were never planted intentionally, having germinated naturally in the fertile soil over 300 years ago.
The American Native Pecan is a small, rare pecan that grows wild in the Midwest. The distinctive sweetness and higher oil content of these pecans result in extremely flavorful nutmeats preferred by many. Unlike the large, cloned hybrid varieties that make up the biggest part of industrial pecan production in America, these pecans are unaltered by commercial interests.
|Brand||American Native Pecans|
Pecan nuts are rich source of many phyto-chemical substances that may contribute to their overall antioxidant activity. Research studies have been suggestive of that these compounds help the body remove toxic oxygen-free radicals and thus, protect the body from diseases, cancers, as well as infections. They are also an excellent source of vitamin-E which the body requires for maintaining the integrity of cell membrane of mucus membranes and skin by protecting it from harmful oxygen-free radicals.
Pecan nuts are very rich sources of several important B-complex groups of vitamins such as riboflavin, niacin, thiamin, pantothenic acid, vitamin B-6, and folates. Together, these vitamins work as co-factors for the enzyme metabolism inside the human body.
The nuts are also rich source of minerals like manganese, potassium, calcium, iron, magnesium, zinc, and selenium.
- These pecans combine well in a trail mix or smoothie with Sunfood Raw Organic Cashews. Both Cashews and Pecans are good soruces of zinc, and combining these two nuts in a smoothie creates a smooth texture unlike any other!
- For a good balance of essential fatty acids and beautifying oils, combine American Native Pecans in a snack mix or smoothie. Delicious!
- To benefit from a boost in manganese, consider adding raisins to your next pecan raw food dish. This combination makes a delicious crust for raw pies and desserts with just a few pulses of a food processor or Vita-Mix blender.
|Ingredients||Certified organic pecan halves|
NOTE: Although these are considered raw pecans, they have been subjected to high water temperatures at one point during the processing after harvest. In order to remove the fruit husks, so that the actual in-shell nuts are liberated, the fruits are blanched in 180F water for no longer than 3 minutes. We believe that this does not compromise the integrity and "rawness" of the nutmeat still protected inside the shell. One taste and we think you will agree with us in absolutely loving these pecans!
|Specifications||USDA Organic, Raw, Vegan|
|Storage||For long-term storage, store in the refrigerator or freezer - the lower the storage temperature, the longer the shelf life.|
- They really are sweet Review by Debora
- Versatile Nut Review by Delicious Nutritious!
- Buttery little pecans Review by Elizabeth
- Raw, organic, & DELICIOUS! Review by lora