(serves 12 – 14)
Delicious, vegan and raw chocolate brownies are now at your fingertips. Made with sweet raisins, fresh coconut and lots of rich cacao flavor, the time you put into this will be well worth it.
- 1/4 cup agave nectar
- 1/4 cup almond butter
- 5 medium carrots, finely grated (about 22 cups)
- 3/4 cup chopped soaked walnuts (soaked 2 hours and drained)
- 1/2 cup soaked raisins (soaked 2 hours and drained)
- 2 1/2 cups raw cacao paste, nibs, or ground beans
- 3/4 cup dried shredded coconut
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 cup cacao powder
- 1 1/2 cups fresh coconut water
- 1/2 cup agave nectar
- 6 cups soaked cashews (soaked 2 hours, drained and rinsed)
- 1 cup agave nectar
- 2 tablespoons raw cacao powder
- 1/4 cup soaked raisins (soaked 2 hours and drained)
- Put all the ingredients in a food processor and mix until fully smooth.
- Scoop the mixture onto a Paraflexx or silicone sheet and mold into a large square, about 2 inch thick.
- Put the sheet into a food dehydrator. Dehydrate for 10 to 12 hours, until it’s slightly crisp on the outside but still spongy.
- Blend the coconut water and agave nectar together in a blender.
- Slowly add the cashews while blending, occasionally stopping to move the mixture with a spatula.
- Blend until as smooth and thick as possible. Refrigerate.
- Put ingredients into a blender and blend until smooth.
To serve, move the brownies from the dehydrator tray to a platter and cut them into squares. Cover the brownies with whipped creme in an even layer about an inch thick. Drizzle the chocolate sauce over the brownies. Garnish with dried coconut or chopped nuts. Serve and enjoy!