A deliciously stuffed “cheese” mushroom recipe is perfect for any occasion. Tasty stuffed mushrooms are always a favorite party pleaser! Change this recipe into an appetizer simply by changing the large portobellos for baby bellos.
4 whole portobello mushrooms, cleaned with stems removed
- 1 cup sesame oil
- ¼ cup tamari or Bragg’s Liquid Aminos
- ¼ cup lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- 2 tsp minced garlic
- ½ tsp coarse black pepper
- 1 tbsp poultry seasoning (blend from Frontier contains: Organic sage, organic thyme, organic onion, organic black pepper, organic marjoram, organic celery seed, organic red pepper)
- 2 cups Brazil nuts, soaked 6 hours, drained, rinsed
- ½ cup almond milk (make your own!)
- ¼ tsp Himalayan pink salt
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- ½ cup nutritional yeast (non-raw ingredient. If you are 100% raw, please omit ingredient or adjust recipe)
- 1 tsp Lucuma powder
- 1 whole jalapeño chile, stemmed, seeded and finely diced (red preferred)
- 1 tsp agave nectar
- ½ tsp cumin powder
- 2 tbsp cilantro, fresh finely minced
- 2 tbsp parsley, fresh finely minced
- 4 whole stems from mushrooms, finely chopped
- 3 whole Roma tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1 whole green onion, minced
- 3 tbsp parsley, fresh, finely minced
- 1 pinch Himalayan pink salt
- 1 pinch coarse black pepper
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- Clean mushrooms with wet towel and remove stems. Set steams aside for future use.
- Place marinade ingredients into a plastic resealable bag along with portobellos. Shake bag several times to completely coat mushrooms.
- Place mushroom with marinade in refrigerator for 6-8 hours. Once mushrooms have marinated, remove from bag and make the “cheese.”
- Place almond milk, sesame oil, agave, cumin, salt, Brazil nut and nutritional yeast into a high-powered blender. Blend until cheese mixture is thick and creamy.
- Remove cheese from blender and place in mixing bowl.
- Add jalapeño, parsley and cilantro to the cheese mixture. Mix all ingredients well by hand.
- Evenly distribute cheese onto portobellos. Pour remaining marinade from bag into the bottom of 9×13 glass dish. Place cheese stuffed mushrooms in glass baking dish. Cover with plastic wrap and place in dehydrator for 6 hours at 105°.
- Remove mushrooms and serve topped with tomato mushroom concassé (to make the concassé, simply mix together all prepared ingredients in a glass bowl.)
About Chef Tina Jo:
Through her books, DVDs, and programs, Chef Tina Jo is teaching Americans how to make healthy lifestyles DELICIOUS, bringing live whole foods back to the dinner table one dinner plate at a time. Learn more at www.cheftinajo.com.Chef Tina Jo is a highly respected Gourmet Raw Vegan Chef, Author, Speaker and Coach known internationally for her humor and down–to–earth approach to raw veganism. She, along with her TV show Splendor in the Raw, was awarded Top 10 Best Show, Best Chef and Best Website in the Best of Raw 2009 Awards. She has made it her life’s mission to bring super delicious, fresh, simple, fun, affordable raw vegan food to the mainstream.