This succulent dish is sure to be a crowd pleaser. Fresh veggie pasta and savory tomato sauce pack a ton of flavor into every nutritious bite. Macadamia Cashew Nut “Cheese” adds a delicious accent to this meal. This should make 4-6 normal sized portions.
- 4 Medium Organic Carrots
- 2 Medium Organic Parsnips
- 2 Small Organic Zucchinis
- ½ TBSP Pink Himalayan Salt
- Handful Large Basil Leaves
- *Herb Blend (To Taste)
- 1 Cup Heirloom Tomatoes
Spiced Tomato Herb-Sauce Ingredients:
- 1 Large Heirloom Tomato (Or variety of choice, equal to 2 cups)
- 1 Small Red Pepper
- Juice from ½ Lemon
- 1 Heaping TBSP Tamari
- 1 TBSP Agave Nectar
- 1 TSP Pink Himalayan Salt
- 1 TBSP Botija Olive Oil
- 1 TSP Organic Red Pepper Flake
- 1. Peel Carrots, Parsnips and Zucchini with spiral slicer, vegetable peeler or mandolin.
- 2. In a large bowl, combine vegetable pasta with salt and mix well by hand. Leave to stand (10 min to extract water from vegetables)
- 3. In a blender, combine all ingredients for Tomato Sauce, for a chunkier sauce, add large pieces of tomato last and blend on slow speed. For extra seasoning, add herbs and/or salt.
- 4. Combine tomato sauce and vegetables in bowl and mix gently.
- 5. Add cheese to pasta and serve chilled.
We hope you enjoy this amazingly fresh and zesty recipe!