This apricot variety comes from the Hunza Valley of far northern Pakistan where people live to be well over 100 years old, which they attribute to eating a large quantity of this fruit. Hunza apricots are known the world over for their distinctively tangy taste, rich flavors and complexity. Apricots from Hunza contain more minerals, including all those known to be essential for good health and vitality. Unlike other Apricots, Hunza apricots are not processed with chemicals and contain no preservatives or additives. The simple mining and packaging methods carefully protect the natural purity of the product.
When they are dried, and most of the moisture removed, the concentration of nutrients becomes even greater. A generous handful of dried apricots (3 1/2 ounces) are packed with nearly 11,000 units of vitamin A, or more than twice the recommended daily allowance. Dried apricots also contain a great deal of iron, potassium and natural food fiber.
* PLEASE NOTE: The texture of these dried apricots are firmer and drier than the dried apricots typically found in stores, which tend to be hybridized versions with high sugar and low mineral content. We pride ourselves in sourcing minimally processed, heirloom varieties of superfoods that are a unique experience for your palate.
Apricots are a good source of fiber, which has a wealth of benefits including preventing constipation and digestive conditions. Nutrients in apricots can help protect the heart and eyes, as well as provide the disease-fighting effects of fiber.
|Country of Origin||Pakistan|
|Ingredients||Organic Sun-Dried Hunza Apricots|
|Specifications||Organic, Kosher, Vegan, Raw, Sun-dried|
|Storage||Store in a dark, cool, dry place.|
- Love these! Review by Susanne
- Mixed feelings Review by kristya
- Delicious and fills you up quickly! Review by JudiJudi1414
about 8 in each....they're rich and chewy and they are tart as well so there's a freshness to them. Just love the taste, never mind that these apricots are healthful and organic!!! (Posted on 9/4/13)
- Delicious Sun-Dried Hunza Apricots Review by rosie