These brownies are super fantastic! Very decadent, very chocolaty. A true chocolate lover’s brownie! Serve them up with almond milk and enjoy! This recipe serves up some Big Bad Brownies! For an even BIGGER CHOCOLATE BLAST drizzle with the Goji Chocolate Sauce!
- 4 cups walnuts
- 12 whole pitted medjool dates
- 4 Tbsp carob powder
- 8 Tbsp cacao powder
- 2 tsp vanilla powder
- 1/2 cup dried goji berries, soaked and coarsely chopped
- 6 Tbsp goji water, drained after soaking berries
- 1/2 tsp Himalayan crystal salt
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 cup walnuts, roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup cacao nibs
- Place the walnuts into the food processor with the “s” blade and grind them until they look like meal (dried powder).
- Pull the dates apart into a few smaller pieces and add to the walnut meal. Continue to process until the mixture is well combined.
- Add the carob powder, cacao powder, vanilla powder, goji water, salt and cinnamon. Process again to combine all ingredients.
- Remove mixture from processor and place into a mixing bowl. Add the cacao nibs and drained goji berries and mix well by hand. Make sure the all the ingredients are well mixed. Pack the mixture into a 9×9 baking dish. Let chill for 2 hours before serving.
- Drizzle with Goji Chocolate Sauce (see recipe) before serving.
- Store the brownies in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to one week. They will also freeze beautifully for up to three months.
About Chef Tina Jo:
Through her books, DVDs, and programs, Chef Tina Jo is teaching Americans how to make healthy lifestyles DELICIOUS, bringing live whole foods back to the dinner table one dinner plate at a time. Learn more at www.cheftinajo.com.Chef Tina Jo is a highly respected Gourmet Raw Vegan Chef, Author, Speaker and Coach known internationally for her humor and down–to–earth approach to raw veganism. She, along with her TV show Splendor in the Raw, was awarded Top 10 Best Show, Best Chef and Best Website in the Best of Raw 2009 Awards. She has made it her life’s mission to bring super delicious, fresh, simple, fun, affordable raw vegan food to the mainstream.