Lucuma is the number one flavor of ice cream in many South American countries, but many people have never heard of it, let alone tasted its rich, sweet, maple flavor. Once you taste these exotic, raw ice creams, you may be temped to invent new flavors using organic Sunfood Lucuma Powder.
Maca and raw cacao work great with lucuma also! Try adding a chocolate sauce to the below recipes, made using raw cacao powder and cacao butter. Even better, cacao nibs add just the right amount of crunch to compliment smooth, luscious ice cream. Enjoy!
|Vanilla Rice Protein||Cashews||Maca Powder|
Lucuma Protein Ice CreamPrint Recipe
- 1/2 Cup Vanilla Rice Protein
- 1/2 Cup Lucuma Powder
- 1 Cup Cashews
- 1 Tbsp Vanilla Powder
- 1 Cup Coconut Cream, Coconut Meat or Raw Coconut Oil
- 1 Cup Raw Honey
- 1 Tbsp Psyllium Hulls (essential for creating a soft ice-cream that can be scooped)
- 1/4 Cup Yacon Syrup
- 1 Cup Pure Water (or more to allow blending consistency – you can replace with cashew milk made with cool processed raw cashews)
- 1/3 Cup Maca Powder or Red Maca Powder
- Pinch Pink Himalayan Salt (optional)
Combine all ingredients and blend until smooth (Vita-Mix blender is recommended)
Pour into a container and put in the freezer overnight
Scoop into a bowl and enjoy!