Check out this savory recipe for a raw, vegan cheesy treat!
- ½ Cup Macadamia Nuts
- ½ Cup Cashews
- 1 ½ Tbsp Tamari
- Juice of ½ small lemon
- ¼ cup water
- 1 tbsp raw nut flour (cashew, almond, etc) OR substitute Nutritional Yeast
- 1 tbsp of each: parsley, cilantro, chives, dill (plus more for garnish)
- 1. Soak Cashews & Macadamias in 1 cup water overnight.
- 2. Pour out soak water and in blender/food processer combine all ingredients and blend until creamy, if needed—add water/lemon or tamari to create smoother mix.
- 3. Pour blended ingredients into a nut milk bag or tied cheese cloth and suspend over a bowl to allow for drainage. Allow cheese to ferment for 24-48 hours.
- 4. Set in container, refrigerate to set cheese (20 min minimum)
- 5. Upon setting the cheese, garnish with leftover herbs
- 6. For extra rich flavor, add 1 tbsp Sunfood Botija Olive Oil over top of cheese plate.