Your old school mashed potatoes just got a makeover. We boosted these creamy potatoes with beet powder. Skip the beet boiling, peeling, and roasting process and save time by adding Beet Powder. Sprinkle with fresh herbs if you’re feeling fancy. Oh, and they're totally plant-based and #VeganThanksgiving friendly!
- 3 pounds russet or Yukon gold potatoes, peeled and quartered
- 1 cup full-fat canned coconut milk
- 1 cup nut milk (we used almond or soy)
- 6 cloves garlic, minced or pressed
- 1 - 2 tsp salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 Tbsp Sunfood Beet Powder
- Add the potatoes to a large pot and cover with water. Bring to a boil and continue to cook until the potatoes are fork-tender, 10 - 15 minutes. Remove from heat and drain the water off of the potatoes.
- In another saucepan combine the coconut milk, almond milk, beet powder, and garlic. Bring to a simmer for 10 minutes, until garlic is fragrant and cooked.
- Pour about half of the garlic milk over the potatoes and use a potato masher to mash the potatoes.
- Add more of the garlic milk and continue to mash until you reach your preferred mashed potato texture.
- Season with salt to taste and serve! *If you use all of the garlic milk mixture and you would still like the potatoes softer, just add more coconut milk or plant-based milk until you reach the desired consistency.