Everything you’ve ever wanted in a cupcake – and more. Alexis
done it again, folks! Made with ingredients you love and made without
ingredients that maaaaay not love you (we’re looking at you dairy and gluten!),
these hormone-loving maca vanilla cupcakes are loaded with the crunch of hemp
hearts, and lathered in the most delicious sweet and creamy cashew buttercream
frosting. Here’s how to make them!
- ¾ cup unsweetened plant milk
- ¼ cup aquafaba (water from garbanzo bean can)
- ¼ cup water
- ¼ cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 flax eggs (2 tbsp Sunfood Milled Flax Seed + 6 tbsp water)
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and prepare a cupcake tray with
- Prepare flax eggs.
- In a medium-sized bowl, whisk together all dry
- Add flax eggs and wet ingredients to the dry and mix.
- Fold in the hemp seeds.
- Pour into liners and bake for 20 - 25 minutes.
- While cupcakes bake, prepare the Cashew Maca Buttercream
Frosting by blending all ingredients until creamy.
- Allow cupcakes to cool a few minutes in the pan then
transfer to a wire rack to fully cool.
- Once cooled, frost each cupcake, and finish off each with
a sprinkle of hemp seeds. Enjoy!
Check out https://www.instagram.com/lexlahnhealth/
for more superfood recipes from Alexis.