Toss boring bread recipes in the bin! Because @flora_and_vino’s Marble Maqui Lemon Loaf is the fresh baked
berry-licious recipe the whole family will love. The pretty purple swirl is
Sunfood Maqui Berry Powder. Maqui berry is a wild-grown Patagonian
super berry said to contain the highest antioxidant value of any known fruit
(believe it or not). It’s also believed to help boost strength and stamina.
It’s almost crazy how something so sweet and delicious can carry so many
benefits! That’s the power of superfoods. Here’s how to make it!
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- 1/3 cup applesauce
- 1/3 cup cashew butter
1/2 cup maple syrup
- 2 ¾ cups almond flour
- 1/3 cup arrowroot starch
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 4 TBSP almond milk
- 1 TBSP Sunfood Maqui Berry Powder
- 3 TBSP lemon zest
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line a loaf pan with parchment
- Whisk lemon juice, applesauce, cashew butter, and maple
- Add flour, arrowroot starch, and whisk until everything
is combined. The texture should be thick and scoopable. If too thick, thin the
mixture with almond milk.
- Transfer ⅓ of the batter to separate bowl, add Maqui Berry
Powder to new bow and mix. To the remaining ⅔ of the batter, add the lemon zest
and fold it until evenly mixed.
- Scoop a little lemon batter into the prepared loaf pan
and spread it out evenly with a spatula. Now add the maqui layer on top. Repeat
this alternating between the lemon batter and maqui batter until all the batter
is used up. Use a knife to trace a few figure eights in the batter to create a marble
- Transfer the pan to the oven and bake the bread for 40-45
minutes, or until toothpick come out clean.
- Let the loaf cool completely in the pan. Slice and enjoy!
- Store leftovers in fridge for up to a week.
Check out @flora_and_vino for more tasty recipes from Lauren.