Nothing says fall like fresh apples. Kat Condon from @katalysthealth created the perfect Caramel Apple Galette recipe that’s plant-based, gluten-free, packed with warm fall flavors, and super simple to make. Made with superfoods like Sunfood Almonds and Sunfood Milled Flax Seeds, this plant-based dessert is packed with flavor and nutrition.
Here's how to make this comforting fall dessert.
- 1 1/4 cups Sunfood Almonds
- 1/2 cup arrowroot flour
- 1/2 teaspoon Sunfood Pink Himalayan Sea Salt
- 3 tablespoons Sunfood Milled Flax Seed
- 6 tablespoons coconut oil, firm
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 large apple, peeled and sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons almond butter
- 1/4 teaspoon Sunfood Pink Himalayan Sea Salt
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Add almonds to a food processor and pulse until almonds become fine flour.
- Add arrowroot, sea salt, milled flax seed, and coconut oil and pulse to combine.
- Add water and pulse until dough forms.
- Sprinkle parchment paper with flour and roll out dough into a circle.
- Mix together filling ingredients and spread across the dough, leaving about 1/2 inches from the edge.
- Fold dough towards the center on all of the edges as shown.
- Brush extra melted coconut oil over crust and bake for 25-30 minutes or until golden.
- Let cool, mix together caramel and drizzle on top. Enjoy! Follow Kat on Instagram for more superfood recipe ideas.
Shop the Recipe
|Shop now||Shop now||Shop now||Shop now|