Fermented food is a great way to add probiotics to your diet and support your gut health. Gut health is pivotal to our overall well-being and has been the hottest area of scientific research in the past few years. Our microbiota – the good bacteria that resides in the gut – controls how we digest food and is linked with our mood, behavior, energy, weight, food cravings, hormone balance, immunity, and overall wellness. One of the best ways to support gut health is by consuming fermented foods(1).
One of our favorite fermented foods is Black Botija Olives. They are savory and truly one of a kind. In this recipe, we combine them with Brussel sprouts and broccoli to add the sweetness of the green vegetables and serve them on the bed of brown rice with turmeric dressing. This combination of olives, cruciferous vegetables, and brown rice makes for a delicious macrobiotic bowl that boasts probiotics and all the anti-inflammatory and gut-supporting benefits of the olives and turmeric. It's quick and satisfying and makes for a great weeknight dinner option.
Shop the recipe
|Pitted Peruvian Black Botija Olives||Herbed & Pitted Black Botija Olives||Organic Turmeric Powder|
Anti-inflammatory Probiotic Bowl with Black Olives
- ANTI-INFLAMMATORY PASTE
- 3 Tbsp gluten-free soy sauce
- 2 Tbsp miso paste
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- 1 Tbsp Sunfood Turmeric Powder
- THE PROBIOTIC BOWL
- 2 cups clean and cut Brussel Sprouts
- 2 cups broccoli
- 1 Tbsp chopped garlic
- 1/2 sweet onion
- 2 cups prepared brown rice
- 2 Tbsp vegan butter or olive oil
- 1/2 cup Sunfood Black Botija Olives
- Mix together ingredients from the Anti Inflammatory paste.
- Toss Brussel sprouts in a bowl with the paste.
- Once evenly coated, pan fry garlic, onions, broccoli, and Brussel sprouts in vegan cooking butter or olive oil.
- Pan fry on medium until vegetables are tender.
- Divide brown rice among bowls. Top with sautéed veggies and garnish with probiotic fermented Black Botija Olives.