Kick your day off right with an iced coffee and a goji berry scone! The great thing about using gojis as a berry replacement is you don't have to wait for them to be in-season--you can get them year round through Sunfood (and we've heard we have the best goji's you can find!). We've created a well rounded recipe for you that is plant-based and highly customizable (gluten-free if you'd like, or not!). You can also get creative and add other things such as Sweet Cacao Nibs, Almonds, or Pumpkin Seeds.
|Shop now||Shop now||Shop now|
Summertime Goji Berry Scones
- 2 Cups Flour of choice
- 1/3 Cup Coconut Palm Sugar
- 1/2-2/3 Cup Goji Berries (depending on how many berries you want per scone)
- 1 Tbsp Baking Powder
- 1/2 tsp Pink Himalayan Salt
- 1 Tbsp Ground Flax Seed
- 3 Tbsp Water
- 3/4 Cup Unsweetened Nut Milk
- 6 Tbsp Coconut Oil (not liquid or chilled)
- Mix ground flax with water in a small bowl and set aside.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- In a large bowl add all dry ingredients, except goji berries and mix together.
- Add room temperature coconut oil and either use a pastry cutter or fork to but oil into the mixture, creating small pieces.
- Mix almond milk with flax/water mixture and then add to dry ingredients while stirring.
- Once mixture is combined fold in desired amount of goji berries.
- Separate mixture into 6 even balls or triangles and place on a parchment paper lined baking sheet. Sprinkle tops of scones with extra sugar if desired.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown on the edges and enjoy!