These Golden Vegan Vanilla Donuts are as fun to make as they are to devour. Give them a whirl and watch them disappear from the table.
Golden Vegan Vanilla Donuts
- 2 Tbs ground flax + 3 Tbs water
- ½ cup gluten free rolled oats, ground into a flour
- ½ cup Bob’s Red Mill Gluten Free Baking Flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 2 tsp Sunfood Beet Powder
- ¼ tsp pink salt
- ½ cup Sunfood Coconut Oil, melted
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 Tbs brown rice syrup
- ½ cup + 2 Tbsp milk of choice
- 3 Tbsp coconut butter
- Optional: Matcha Powder
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F
- Add the ground flax seed to the water in a small dish, mix well & let sit while you mix the other ingredients
- Mix all dry ingredients together with a stand or handheld mixture
- Add the coconut oil, flax seed mixture, vanilla extract
- If your mixture is not as uniform as smooth as you would like at this point, throw it all into the blender for a minute or two (this may happen if you did not grind your oats thoroughly!)
- Bake for about 30 minutes (when a toothpick comes out clean)- making sure not to overbake!
- Let cool completely
- Then ice them with the matcha/beet icings below & decorate them how you’d like!
- COCONUT BUTTER ICING (2 WAYS)
- ¼ cup + 2 tbs melted coconut butter
- 2 heaped tbs coconut cream (from the can)
- 1-2 tbs Swerve (or sweetener of choice)
- 1/8 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbs cashew milk
- Mix all the ingredients together until smooth.
- OPTION ONE: MINT MATCHA
- Divide the mixture in half & add ½ tsp matcha + 1/8 tsp peppermint extract to one half
- OPTION TWO: BEET VANILLA
- add ¼ tsp beet powder + 1/8 tsp vanilla to the other half
- Then ice donuts & top with golden berries & pomegranate seeds.