Maca powder is one of our favorite superfoods to add to smoothies or smoothie bowls, because it provides an energy boost. And who doesn't like having energy? When you have energy you feel good, and you're able to take on what the day brings. Maca powder comes from a root vegetable grown in the Andes Mountains. It is considered an adaptogen. It has the unique ability to assist your body with whatever it needs (to adapt) in order to heal naturally.
Maca offers many benefits, including increased energy and improved stress tolerance. Dried maca root is also high in protein, amino acids, and unsaturated fatty acids. It is a great source of vitamin C, potassium, phosphorus, calcium, magnesium, zinc and plant sterols. Maca root is known to balance hormones naturally and has a mildly sweet taste.
Mint Maca Berry Smoothie + Chia Seed Pudding
These recipes were created to demonstrate how simple, yet nutritious ingredients can complement each other. You can build a beautiful smoothie bowl. It's not as complex as many think. You can play with different toppings like berries, cacao nibs, hemp seeds, bee pollen, or chia seeds to wow your friends and family or just treat yourself to a beautifully plated breakfast or an afternoon delight. If you're short on time, you can place all the ingredients in a high-powdered blender and have an energizing smoothie in no time.
Chia Seed Pudding
Chia seed pudding is a delight to enjoy any time of day on its own. In this recipe, it serves as a great base to create a nutritious smoothie bowl. You can prepare chia seed pudding the nigth before. This way it make it easier to pair it with a smoothie in the morning.
Shop the Recipe
|Gelatinized Maca Powder
|Shelled Hemp Seeds
|Spanish Bee Pollen
- Chia Seed Pudding - 1 can coconut milk
- ¼ cup Sunfood Chia Seeds
- 2 tbsp Sunfood Yacon Syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla powder
- Garnish - ½ cup strawberries
- 3 fresh mint leaves
- Berry Mint Smoothie - 2 cups spinach
- 1 Tbsp fresh mint leaves
- 3/4 cup frozen berries
- ½ frozen banana
- 1 tsp Sunfood Maca Powder
- 1 ½ cup dairy free nut milk
- Add chia seed pudding ingredients to a glass, airtight jar. Mix well.
- Store in refrigerator overnight or minimum 7 hours.
- When ready to eat, blend Smoothie ingredients.
- Fill desired serving dish ½ full with chia seed pudding.
- Top with Smoothie, sliced strawberries, and mint garnish.