Holidays are a perfect time for gathering with your family around the table and a great excuse to make everyone’s favorite foods. It always makes for great memories. Each family has their own traditions and special dishes they have been making for years. Everyone is helping in the kitchen, and it is a beautiful chaos. Some of us feel safe with the same recipes and want to cook only their favorites. We understand. Why mess with something that works? And some of us want to try something new but don’t want the change to be too drastic. Nobody wants disappointed family members around the table when their favorite dish did not make it this year. Let us help you add something new to your family holiday table that just might become a favorite - a superfood salad!
This holiday inspired salad brings together flavors that might just appeal to everyone's taste. It has roasted acorn squash over a bed of lime, garlic, arugula and quinoa topped with slices of red pears and avocado and garnished with fresh pomegranate seeds, seeds and nuts and then drizzled with a pomegranate, orange vinaigrette. This salad will surely not be overlooked by your friends and family.
Shop the Recipe
|Organic Turmeric Powder||Raw Organic Heirloom Almonds||Raw Organic Pumpkin Seeds|
|Raw Organic Hemp Seeds||Organic Black Seeds||Pink Himalayan Salt|
Roasted Acorn Squash & Superfood Salad
- 1 cup uncooked Quinoa
- 1 Tbsp Lime Juice
- 1 Acorn Squash cut into circles, (1 inch thick)-remove seeds.
- 2 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 tsp Garlic Granules
- 1/2 tsp Onion powder
- 1/2 tsp Paprika
- 1/4 tsp Cinnamon
- Pink Himalayan Salt + Pepper
- 1 tsp chopped thyme
- 1 1/2 cups Arugula
- 2 Red Pears cored + cut in half and then thinly sliced
- Arils (seeds) from 1 pomegranate
- 1/4 cup pumpkin seeds
- 1 tsp Black Seeds
- 1 Tbsp Hemp Seeds
- 1/4 cup Raw Almonds
- 2 Avocados sliced in half and then in thin slices
- 2 Tbsp Orange Zest
- Cook 1 cup Quinoa according to instructions on package and let cool.
- Preheat the oven to 425°F
- Line baking sheet with parchment paper, add acorn squash rings. Sprinkle with garlic granules, olive oil, salt, pepper, cinnamon, and paprika. Place in the oven and roast for 25-30 minutes, turning twice throughout cooking until the squash is tender and lightly caramelized.
- In a mixing bowl add cooked quinoa, salt and pepper to taste, lime juice, garlic granules, 1/2 onion powder, fresh thyme and 1 Tbsp olive oil. Mix together.
- Toss in arugula and almonds.
- Top the quinoa salad with the roasted squash, avocado slices, pear slices, pomegranate arils, hemp seeds, black seeds, pumpkin seeds and orange zest.
- Dress with Pomegranate & Orange Vinaigrette.