In the moments when you need to pull it together - a holiday season is especially full of those moments - hummus is a saving grace. It's quick, healthy, and always disappears in with a blink of an eye. We added butternut squash to make it seasonal and threw in a pinch of turmeric powder to make it antioxidants rich. You can serve it with cucumber slices, crackers, baby carrots, celery, bell peppers, pita, or use it as spread on a slice of a baguette.
Shop the Recipe
|Organic Turmeric Powder||Pink Himalayan Salt|
- FOR ROASTED BUTTERNUT SQUASH:
- 1 small Butternut Squash, cubed
- 2 tbsp. Avocado Oil
- Sea Salt & Pepper to taste (used Trader Joe's "Everything But The Bagel" seasoning)
- FOR HUMMUS:
- 1 Cup Roasted Butternut Squash
- 2 Cloves Garlic, Peeled
- 1/4 tsp. Sunfood Pink Himalayan Sea Salt
- Dash of Pepper
- 2 tbsp. Tahini
- 1/4 Cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 (15 oz) Canned Chickpeas, drained & rinsed
- 1/2 tsp. Sunfood Turmeric Powder
- 1 Lemon, juiced
- Smoked paprika
- Parsley, chopped
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Place cubed butternut squash on a tin foiled baking sheet and drizzle avocado, sea salt & pepper on top and mix the butternut squash into the oil mixture.
- Place in oven for 20-30 minutes, until butternut squash is cooked. Remove from oven and let cool.
- In a food processor, place butternut squash, garlic, sea salt, pepper, tahini, extra virgin olive oil, chickpeas, turmeric powder and lemon juice. Puree until the mixture is creamy and smooth.
- **If it is too thick, add water little by little until you get the desired consistency.
- Top with chopped parsley and a dash of smoked paprika. Enjoy!