Roasted Veggie Wraps with Cashew Cheese
- Turmeric Coconut Wraps
- Arugula Microgreens (or any other microgreens you prefer that can be found at your local grocery store)
- Pomegranate seeds (optional: adds a crunch)
- Sweet potato wedges
- Baby spinach
- Acorn squash
- CASHEW SPREAD:
- 1 handful of kale
- 1/2 a ripe avocado
- 1/4 cup avocado oil
- 1/4 cup soaked Cashews (better for digestion)
- 1 tbs fresh lime juice
- 1 heaped tsp minced garlic
- A couple pinches of Pink Himalayan Sea Salt
- 1 tsp coconut aminos
- 1 tbs nutritional yeast (adds a delicious cheesy flavor!)
- Blend all the cashew spread ingredients in a high speed blender until smooth. I love using this not only as a spread for the wraps but as a veggie dip as well or to spread on flax crackers – so tasty!
- Preheat the oven to 400F.
- Roast 1 medium sweet potato with salt & pepper for about 35 minutes until you can pierce with a fork) & then broiled for a couple minutes on high at the end.
- Wash an acorn squash, cut in half, and place with the insides up & coat with coconut oil, cinnamon, pink salt + a dash of nutmeg. Roast at 400F for 55-60 minutes. Let cool. Scoop onto wraps once cool enough to handle.
- Once you have prepped your squash, sweet potato wedges & the cashew spread, lay out the wraps on a square sheet of parchment paper.
- PRO TIP:
- I use 2 of the turmeric wraps & lay them over each other for one serving – this made them super sturdy & I found it also made them taste & feel more like a ‘real’ wheat-wrap!
- I then layer all the toppings listed above into the wraps. Pour the spread. Wrap them up with a parchment paper – this makes them mess free and perfect to pack for a school or work lunch.