This rich, full-bodied pumpkin soup is inspired by traditional Thai flavors and infused with fall aromatics, rich in flavor and smooth in texture. For added heat, use an additional garlic clove and a dash of red pepper flake.
- 2 tsp Coconut Oil
- 2 tsp Red Maca Powder
- 1 diced Yellow Onion
- 3 minced Garlic Cloves
- 2 cups Pumpkin
- 2 cups Vegetable Broth
- 2 cups Coconut Milk
- 1 Bay Leaf
- ¼ tsp Thyme
- 2 tbsp Red Curry Paste
- ½ tsp Nutmeg
- Pink Himalayan Salt & Pepper
- 4 tbsp chopped Cilantro
- 4 tbsp Pumpkin Seeds
- Combine Coconut Oil, garlic, onions and pumpkin together over a low simmer
- Add vegetable stock, coconut milk, bay leaf, thyme and curry. Cook for 10 – 15 min
- Remove bay leaf and combine with blender/processor
- After pureed, return to heat and add nutmeg, Pink Himalayan Salt, pepper until well combined
- Top with Pumpkin Seeds and cilantro
- Combine Coconut Oil, coconut milk, garlic, onion, bay leaf and spices together in large bowl, allow to infuse overnight in refrigerator.
- Remove bay leaf and combine pumpkin into chilled coconut milk and use an immersion blender or mixer to blend until creamy.
- Gently fold in red curry paste until completely combined.
- Top with cilantro, Pumpkin Seeds and a dash of nutmeg.