Since the passing of Labor Day, it's time to get in the kitchen to whip up some warming, fall recipe. Fall is becoming more apparent with its cool evening air, so warming ingredients like grounding turmeric root is prefect to incorporate in roasting veggies and sauces.
Turmeric is a root that is bright yellow-orange in color and has been used as a flavor enhancing spice and a medicinal herb. It contains a powerful compound called curcumin, renowned for its potential to support and balance inflammation in the body. It's anti-inflammatory used for years by many cultures to promote healing, balance, and is a great detoxing agent. Blended with other grounding root veggies, this dish is the perfect fall go-to.
Shop the Recipe
|Organic Turmeric Powder||Raw Organic Whole Cashews||Raw Organic Shelled Hemp Seeds|
Superfood Kale Bowl
- 1 can black beans (rinsed, warmed)
- 1 cup cooked brown rice or quinoa
- CASHEW-HEMP SAUCE
- 1 cup Sunfood cashews (soaked overnight, then drained, rinsed)
- 1 cup cold water
- 1/4 cup Sunfood hemp seeds
- 1 tsp Sunfood turmeric
- 1 tsp coconut sugar
- 1 dash cayenne
- Pre-heat oven to 400. Add spices and olive oil together in small jar. Mix well.
- Add mixture to bowl with veggies and tempeh.
- Toss well until all coated in olive oil spice blend.
- Place ingredients flat on to a cookie sheet. Bake for 15 min, then flip veggies.
- Bake 15 more minutes until golden brown. Set aside to cool.
- Blend all the Cashew-Hemp Sauce ingredients for 1 1/2 minutes.
- Set aside to cool.
- Place brown rice or quinoa, rinsed black beans in bowl.
- Add turmeric veggies.
- Drizzle cashew-hemp sauce over Superfood Kale Bowl.