Black Bean Quinoa Tacos with Black Seeds + Avocado
Aug 5th 2019
You know about quinoa, you know about black beans, but what are Black Seeds you ask? Black Seeds (Nigella Sativa) are known by several names such as black cumin, black coriander, Roman coriander, and black caraway. These seeds are highly regarded around the world by millions of people for their health-boosting properties. In addition to this, they taste delicious and beautify any dish they're added to!
One of the easiest ways to incorporate black seeds into your diet is to grind them up and use them as spice. Add it to your base when sauteing onions and garlic for your stews or chili just like you would any other spice. You can mix it in your beans or quinoa to give it a hint of cumin-like taste. It's especially great to use on tacos to brighten up vegetarian and vegan versions.
Shop the Recipe
|Organic Black Seeds||Raw Organic Coconut Wraps||Raw Vegan Coconut Wraps - Turmeric|
Vegan Black Seed Tacos
- 1 tsp Black Seed (Ground)
- pinch of Black Seeds (whole)
- 2 tsp Ground Cumin
- 2 tsp Chili Powder
- 1/2 tsp Garlic Powder
- 8 oz Quinoa (cooked)
- 8 oz Black Beans
- 4-6 Coconut wraps
- 1/2 red cabbage
- 1/2 avocado (diced)
- 8 oz can whole kernel corn
- 1 tomato (diced)
- 1 onion (diced)
- Vegan Sour Cream
- Cook Quinoa and mix together with Black Beans
- Grind Black Seeds into fine powder
- Add Ground Black seed, Cumin, and Chili powders to quinoa and black beans. mix well
- Load up the coconut wraps with layers of the quinoa/black bean mix and vegetables.
- Drizzle Vegan Sour cream and Sprinkle a dash of whole black seed. Enjoy!