My love affair with cookies began when I was a kid. I remember the sweet smell of vanilla filling up the entire house, and the first bite into a warm and soft cookie fresh out of the oven was pure heaven. Not much changed as I grew up. Cookies are still one of my favorite snacks. The only thing that changed is that I'm always on a lookout for healthy recipes that taste delicious.
These Vegan Lemon Sugar Cookies have a light texture and are perfect for hot summer days. Lemons have detoxifying health benefits and make give a zesty twist when added to a dessert. Detox while eating a dessert? Yes, please!
Pro tip: Make a double batch, because they will go fast.
Shop the Recipe
|Raw Extra-Virgin Coconut Oil||Organic Coconut Palm Sugar||Pink Himalayan Crystal Salt|
Vegan Lemon Sugar Cookies
- 2 Cups Gluten Free or Regular Flour
- 1 tsp. Baking Powder
- 1/2 tsp. Baking Soda
- 1 tsp. Sea Salt
- 1 Cup of Sugar, Coconut Sugar or Lakanto Sugar (I used Lakanto)
- 1/2 Cup Coconut Oil, melted
- 1/4 Cup Water
- 1 tsp. Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1-2 tsp. Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 of a large lemon, juiced (if its a small lemon, use whole lemon)
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- In a bowl, mix flour, baking powder, baking soda and sea salt.
- In a separate bowl, mix sugar, coconut oil, water, apple cider vinegar, vanilla extract and lemon juice.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix well.
- Line a cookie sheet (you may need two) with parchment paper. Take 1-2 tbsp. of cookie dough and place on cookie sheet.
- Flatten cookies by pressing down with your palm into about 1/2 inch thick cookies. I was able to get around 10 cookies on one sheet and then put the leftover dough on another.
- Sprinkle sugar on top of all cookies and then place in oven anywhere from 10-13 minutes. Check on cookies around the 8 minute mark. I say this because all ovens are different.
- Remove from oven and let cool.