Dirty diapers to change, spills to clean, lunches to pack, piles of laundry to do – being a parent is a never-ending job! For super mom Paola, proper sleep is crucial not only to accomplish all her mom duties, but also to ensure she slips in some much-needed “me time,” like daily workouts and self-care, throughout the day. Paola from @ohsothymely chatted with us about the importance of sleep and how superfoods like Wellness Super Blend Sleep Well help her keep up with her two young kids.
What role do superfoods play in ensuring you get a restful night's sleep?
Throughout my day, I try my best to incorporate superfoods into my diet, and the diet of my family. I definitely notice a difference in my energy levels throughout the day, and how deeply I sleep throughout the night when I am incorporating superfoods into my meals and snacks.
How important is proper sleep in your busy life and why?
With two young children keeping me busy, proper sleep is essential. When I wake up after a restful, deep sleep, I am ready to take on all the challenges, spilled breakfasts, dirty diapers, packed lunches, and laundry piles. Without a good night’s sleep, I also find it much more difficult to fit in my daily workout.
What 3 tips do you have for waking up energized and ready to take on the day?
- Sticking with a bedtime routine, especially when getting the kiddos to bed, is key. Bath time, story time, and snuggles help us prepare for a good night’s rest.
- Prepare for the busy morning ahead as much as you can the night before. I like to have lunches packed, school clothes laid out, and backpacks ready to go.
- Drink your Sleep Well superfoods. Since incorporating Sunfood’s Wellness Super Blend Sleep Well blend into my evening routine, I’ve found that I am able to fall asleep more quickly, and sleep much more deeply. I wake up refreshed and ready to start my day!
What is your nightly routine before going to bed?
After getting the kids to bed, I enjoy spending some quality time with my hubby. I sip on Sunfood’s Wellness Super Blend Sleep Well while we relax, catch up on our favorite shows, and enjoy each other’s company.
What activities do you love to do during the day that require a lot of energy?
Entertaining my toddler throughout the day definitely requires a lot of energy. We are always out at playgrounds, parks, or just playing in the backyard. I also try to fit in a quick workout every day.
Tell us about your top 3 superfoods that fuel your active and busy lifestyle.
- I am a huge fan of Sunfood’s Beets & Mushrooms superfood blend. It always provides me with a boost of energy and a greater ability to keep a clear mind and focus on the task at hand.
- I have recently started taking ashwaganda daily. It has helped keep me calm throughout the day, even when life gets stressful. [Try Wellness Super Blend Stress Less]
- Sunfood’s Wellness Super Blend Sleep Well blend has helped me get a more restful sleep nightly. I fall asleep quickly, sleep much more deeply, and wake up with so much more energy.
What ONE benefit would you say you’ve received and valued most from deeper sleep?
Patience. LOL! I find that when I get a restful sleep, I am so much more patient with my children. I am calmer throughout the day, and have energy to deal with all the “Mommy! Mommy! Mommy!” requests throughout the day. :)
Any advice or messages of encouragement for others struggling to get proper sleep?
Getting better sleep is possible! So many people struggle to get better rest at night, but luckily it can be achieved. With the right nighttime routine and with the help of Sunfood superfood blends, I have been able to wake up feeling well rested and ready to take on the day.
Photo credit: Paola from @ohsothymely
Sunfood's "Natural Solutions" does not promote or suggest natural cures, natural healing or natural remedies for any disease, disorder or ailment thereof. This information should be treated as educational material gathered and discovered from various studies, clinical trials, and customer reviews. It is designed to encourage healthy lifestyles and independent conclusions in regard to natural products and alternative health choices. It is best to consult with your healthcare practitioner before attempting any form of natural cure, natural healing or natural remedy to any health issues.