Our favorite way to get our greens in is with a side of chips. This dip is full of vibrant flavor from fresh basil and lemon juice, with the nutritional yeast and Sunfood Supergreens adding a savory flavor and an impressive nutritional profile. The chickpea base provides some plant-based protein. It’s the perfect appetizer!
- 1 cup Sunfood Cashews, soaked
- 1 tbsp Sunfood Supergreens
- 1 14-ounce can of chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup fresh basil leaves
- 3 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1/4 – 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 3–4 garlic cloves
- Juice from 1 lemon
- 6 pieces of pita bread
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- A generous pinch of each: sea salt, pepper, oregano, thyme, and red pepper flakes
- Combine all the pesto hummus ingredients except olive oil in a food processor and blend on high until smooth.
- Add olive oil and pulse until incorporated. Taste and season with extra sea salt, if needed.
- Top with garnishes like roasted pine nuts, olive oil drizzle, or fresh basil leaves.
- Serve immediately or keep covered in your fridge for up to 5 days.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Cut the pita into triangles and tear them apart so that they are a single layer, instead of two triangles held together by the top seam.
- Toss with olive oil and spices. Bake in a single layer on a baking sheet for 10-12 minutes, turning halfway. Enjoy!