Rejoice! Soup season is back. This warming Turmeric Ginger Carrot Soup is the equivalent of putting on a pair of fuzzy socks. It's made with turmeric, is plant-based, silky, and comforting more than any store-bought canned soup. It's nutrient-dense, easy to make, and the perfect cold-weather meal.
- 1-2 tsp Sunfood Turmeric Powder
- 3 carrots
- 1 white onion
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 inch piece of fresh ginger, finely grated
- 3 cups vegetable broth
- 1 cup canned coconut milk
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/8 tsp of Sunfood Black Seeds
- Roughly dice the onion and carrot into small chunks and grate the ginger.
- Heat a small amount of olive oil in the bottom of a large stockpot and sauté the onion and carrot for 3 minutes until onion is translucent.
- Then add the minced garlic, turmeric powder, and ginger and sauté for another few minutes.
- Pour in the vegetable stock and coconut milk and simmer for 20-25 minutes until the carrot is cooked through and soft.
- Use a stick blender (or transfer mixture into a standing blender) and blend until smooth.
- Stir in the lemon juice, then serve with garnishes like a swirl of coconut milk, sliced green onion, or Sunfood Black Seeds.