Hail Caesar! Vegan Caesar Salad with Hemp Parmesan, that is. Valeria
of Nuts About Greens just knocked all other
Caesar salads out of the park with her superfood-packed recipe. The crispy
chickpeas. The creamy cashew dressing. The homemade hemp parm. Get ready to be
blown away. Serve this crispy and filling crowd-pleaser at your next summer pot
luck, as a healthy lunch option for the kids, or grab a giant fork and eat a big bowl to yourself while binge-watching your favorite show. Here’s how to
Hemp Seed Parmesan
- 1/2 cup Sunfood Hemp Seeds
- 2 Tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp onion powder
- Drain, rinse, and pat chickpeas dry with a paper
towel. (The drier they are, the crispier they get.)
- Add chickpeas and the rest of the ingredients.
Stir until well combined.
- Air fry at 400 degrees F for 15-18 minutes,
shaking pan half way through. It is done when it is golden brown. You can bake
it in the oven at 400 degrees F for 30-35 minutes, shaking the pan every 10-15
minutes. Let it cool completely.
- Add all the dressing ingredients to high-speed
blender. Blend until smooth and creamy. Adjust water and seasonings if desired.
- Add all hemp seed parmesan ingredients to food
processor. Pulse until crumbles form. Place in a jar and keep in the fridge.
- Assemble salad by adding romaine lettuce, crispy
chickpeas, and a generous sprinkle of hemp parm to a large bowl. Pour desired
amount of dressing over it and toss until everything is evenly coated.
- Enjoy! Store leftover dressing in a jar in the
Check out https://nutsaboutgreens.com/ for more plant-based recipes from Valeria.