Plant-eaters and vegans always get asked the question: Where do you get your protein? Our favorite answer: BROWNIES. Alexis from @lexlahnhealth made our plant-based dreams come true with these gooey, decadent Protein Fudge PB Brownies. They’re sprinkled with potassium-packed goji berries and sweet cacao nibs for that extra crunch. Each bite of these fudgy morsels will impress your friends and family – yes, even that picky eater in your fam (you know who we’re talking about). Here’s how to make ‘em!
2 large ripe bananas
½ cup Sunfood Cacao Powder
2 tbsp all natural nut butter
½ cup vegan protein powder (Try our Hemp Protein)
1 tbsp all natural nut butter
¼ cup unsweetened plant milk
⅓ cup Sunfood Goji Berries
⅓ cup Sunfood Cacao Nibs
Sprinkle of Sunfood Pink Himalayan Sea Salt
- Preheat oven to 350°F and line a 9" x 9" baking tray with parchment paper.
- Add all protein brownie ingredients into a food processor or sturdy blender and blend until well mixed.
- Spread blended mixture on lined baking tray and bake for 20 - 25 minutes, rotating the tray halfway through. Remove from the oven once a toothpick comes out clean.
- Prepare frosting while brownies are baking by whisking together all ingredients until an even, smooth consistency has been reached.
- Once brownies have finished baking, allow to cool for 10 minutes in the tray before transferring to a cooling rack to fully cool.
- Once cooled, spread over protein frosting, sprinkle on goji berries, cacao nibs, and sea salt.
- Slice into 12 brownies and enjoy! If you have enough willpower to have leftovers… store in the fridge in an airtight container.
Check out https://www.instagram.com/lexlahnhealth/ for more superfood recipes from Alexis.